Your concerns remain almost identical whether you have a dog or a child. Replacing wonderful old things just because they don’t fit is common in both cases. But you have a solution for one of them, get an expandable crate for your doggy to avoid the hassle. You can expand it from small to large size. Here are some best expandable dog crates for your pet.
There are hundreds of reasons dog owners purchase Expandable Dog Crates / Puppy Playpen. They are great accessories when training your puppy. Excellent for gardens and ensuring your dog has enough space to roam free. Look fabulous in your house and is a perfect place for your dog to sleep. And if you are like us, an excellent place for your young child and your dog to play together without the worry of escaping while you continue with your chores, knowing they are both safe. They are also great for getting out and about in the parks/shopping/trips to the vet.
Choosing the right one is extremely difficult for many to choose from. Expandable Dog Crates are our favorite as they are significant in your home and come in all shapes and sizes that suit everyone.
Let’s take a quick look at some of them now.
Now let’s look deeper into each of the Expandable Dog Crates / Puppy Playpens below;
- 1 Best Small and Large Expandable Dog Crates
- 2 Best Heavy Duty Puppy Playpens
- 3 How do I measure my dog for the right Crate Size?
Best Small and Large Expandable Dog Crates
Richell is the iPhone of Expandable Dog Crates.
The Richell expandable dog crate is fantastic. The dog crate is very well made, looks attractive, expands, you can also fit a divider, and perhaps probably the best feature of all is its floor tray, which keeps your puppy mess out of your carpet.
Richell Expandable Dog Crates are a MUST HAVE accessory for any dog owner with suitable space.
It expands from 35.4 inches to an ENORMOUS 60.6 inches wide. The divider is a perfect accessory to separate sleeping and eating.
If you compare this to a standard metal or plastic crate, the price can be startling. But you get what you pay for with the container – which can also be used as an exercise crate.
This crate is an attractive feature, and if you have the space could be left permanently installed in your home. This will be a safe place to put your dog while out of the house.
With this fantastic product, you will quickly make your money back if you work out how much you would save by not cleaning your carpet/upholstery.
With parts of the frame being made from wood, some owners worried the dog would chew. The design of this product is well made, so the dog would find it very difficult to get its mouth around, therefore struggling to chew on it and damage it.
The Richell range of Expandable Dog Crates are the best top-of-the-range puppy crates and are worth every single penny.
FEATURES: – Easy to open double locked gate door – Beautiful treated wood appearance – Sturdy and durable hardwood design – Folds together for easy storage – Comes with a plastic slide-out floor that keeps your pet from making a mess.
- Rubber pads prevent floors from scratching.
- Stylish and Functional
- Beautifully finished wood compliments any decor
This can also be used as a coffee table/side table.
It should not be used for long periods or if your pet is left unattended, but it can be used if you have company.
The large wooden end table cage is an excellent cage for your dog that is discreet and makes a great side table in your living room.
Or why not check out the BingoPaw Wooden Dog Crate End Table. Again, this fantastic design is a great side table but a giant safe cage for your dog.
A great way to house small dogs! This crate expands to grow with your pet! It eliminates the need for a replacement crate. The Expandable Pet Crate has a sliding lockable front door to ensure your pet is safe and secure in their “own” particular space. The Lift ‘n Lock side door provides feeding dishes and training pads for easy retrieval. The plastic Expandable Floor Tray protects floor surfaces from pet stains and odors and removes them easily for cleaning. Wire Top and Divider are sold separately.
- Stretch wooden iron dog cage
- Expand to the whole width of 57.08 inches
- It is sturdy and very well constructed
- Includes black floor tray
- Beautifully finished wood compliments any decor
Best Heavy Duty Puppy Playpens
Owning a Puppy Playpen is an excellent way of keeping your dog secure while out in the garden.
You can also use it if you have ample enough space.
The heavy-duty puppy playpen allows enough space for dogs to run around freely without being able to escape.
Unlike the expandable dog crates, these are best kept outside – unless you have a large room for one. They are also great for extending a room into your garden, allowing your dog to roam in and out of the house but only as far as the puppy playpen extends.
Most puppy playpens open up like in the picture to secure the dog in ample space, or you can make it into a hexagon/octagon small smaller spaces.
Puppy playpens are great for ensuring your dog is secure and not ruin your garden/house.
– Material: metal tube
– Size of each panel: 80 x 60 cm
– Size in rectangle shape: about 246 x 83 cm
– Diagonal diameter in octagon shape: 210 cm
– Side length in octagon shape: 200 cm
– Size in square shape: 163 x 163 cm
– Size of front door: 32 x 42 cm
– Net: about 17.5 kg
– Do not use it as a toy.
– Put in the horizontal line.
- Bold square tube and burr-free wire, durable, rounded design to avoid hurt
- Double door bolts and locks make safe
- Hammer paint is attractive and durable, lowest fading
- Easy to disassemble and maintain. Eight panels to assemble into an octagon or rectangle
- Ideal for small animals
The role of the plastic foot:
– Prevent from scratching the floor.
– Avoid direct contact with the ground to achieve rustproof.
– Reduce the noise when moving the puppy playpen.
– Do not use it as a toy.
– Put in the horizontal line during the use.
- Bold square tube and burr-free wire, durable, rounded design to avoid hurting
- Double door bolts and locks make it safe.
- Black painting is attractive and durable, lowest fading
- Easy to disassemble and maintain
- Ideal for caring for small animals the, indoor or outdoor, such as puppies, rabbit
The modular system allows you to change pen shape and add additional panels available on Amazon.
Dogs that suffer from anxiety attacks or panic should not be left unattended in a pen as they may harm themselves and damage the pen.
- Heavy-duty whelping playpen – 26 sqft of are
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Quickly erected, no tools required
- The modular system allows multiple layouts/shapes
- Additional panels available on amazon to increase pen size
How do I measure my dog for the right Crate Size?
Your dog should be able to stand up and turn around comfortably when in a cage.
They should also stretch out, relax, and lie down in their preferred sleeping position.
However, that doesn’t mean buying a massive cage for a small dog, giving them too much room. Why? Because you risk the dog using part of the cage as a toilet as they won’t see this as a resting space.
You can always measure your dog to fit in the right cage, and it’s pretty simple.
Crate Length = Dog Length (inches) + 4 (inches)
Crate Height = Dog Height (inches) + 2 (inches)
Puppy Playpen is fantastic but can take up a lot of room in your garden. They are ideal for creating a new space for your dog to roam while knowing that they are safe. However, they can get quickly bored of the same area and then start to bark. Make sure they have plenty to do when in the puppy playpen.
Expandable Dog Crates, however, are unique. They are suitable spaces for dogs to chill out and are great for training your dog on where to sleep, eat, drink and, if need be, poop. With most expandable dog crates being easy to clean, poo and wee should be simple and not cause hundreds of pounds in cleaning carpets and laminates.